This week we speak to top theatre critic and arts journalist Mark Shenton!
Mark is a theatre critic, commentator and interviewer. He writes regularly for The Stage (including a daily blog), where he is an Associate Editor and also joint lead theatre critic. He also reviews for London Theatre Guide and is London correspondent for Playbill.com, for whom he writes daily news stories. He has conducted public platform interviews at the National Theatre, the Donmar Warehouse and Stratford East Theatre Royal. He is also currently chairman of the drama section of the Critic's Circle. So basically, in terms of arts journalists, Mark is as prolific as it gets!
This episode was made because of you! A number of people messaged us on Twitter requesting an interview with a theatre critic, so here it is. If you want to hear from any one else in the industry then tweet us @insidewestend !
We give you this podcast completely free. If you've enjoyed it and you'd like to help us make future episodes then:
1. Visit: insidethewestend.com
2. Click on the donate button at the top of the home page.
3. Make a contribution and help us keep the show going.
4. DO YOUR AMAZON SHOP VIA OUR WEBSITE! Head to insidethewestend.com click on any of the Amazon adverts, it will redirect you to Amazon as normal, your shopping will cost you exactly the same as normal but Amazon will give us a small kick back on any of your purchases as a thank you.
5. SUBSCRIBE to our podcast and they will automatically appear on your device ready for you to listen to.
Please tell your friends about our show and share it on social media so that we can continue to inspire others, just like you! The more listeners we have the easier it is to secure guests, so keep sharing every week!
-Follow us on Twitter @InsideWestEnd
-Like our page on Facebook "Inside the West End Podcast"